LOTS FOR SALE
The Economic Development Authority (EDA) of the City of Crystal is seeking proposals from builders to purchase lots for construction of new single family houses. For more information, please see the Request for Proposal packets which may be found by clicking on each address below.
Width x Depth /Area
|3556 Major Ave N, Crystal MN 55422||35 x 128 / 4,566 sq. ft.||$25,000||*|
|5924 Elmhurst Ave N, Crystal MN 55428||75 x 160 / 12,000 sq. ft.||$50,000||optioned|
|4724 Lakeland Ave N, Crystal MN 55429||Irregular / 11,491 sq. ft.
* This is a narrow corner lot and the house may not be more than 20 feet wide. Unlike the other lots, the builder will need to install water and sewer service stubs and pay the SAC fee. The lot price has already been discounted to reflect these items.
GENERAL NOTES APPLICABLE TO ALL LOTS:
1. The EDA considers proposals on a “first-come, first-served” basis. The EDA board retains absolute discretion to decide whether to accept any particular proposal or waive any of its guidelines.
2. Proposals must be submitted by state-licensed builders who have built at least three houses in Minnesota in the last five years, or have equivalent experience acceptable to the EDA. The house may be built speculatively or for a specific buyer. If you would be the house buyer, then your builder must submit the proposal; and if the proposal is accepted, then the EDA would sell the lot to your builder.
3. The new house must be an owner-occupied, single family house. It must have at least three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a two-car garage (attached or detached, depending on the site). On a case-by-case basis, the EDA may also consider the sale of a lot to provide a new location for an existing house currently located in Crystal. The moved house would have to meet the general requirements described above, be brought up to current codes, and have a final value and long-term viability comparable to a new house.
4. Builders may purchase a 6-month option on a lot for $500, renewable for an additional 6 months for an additional $500. The option provides the builder with exclusive rights to purchase the lot and build a house subject to the normal EDA requirements and guidelines. As a condition of the option, the builder must list the lot with a to-be-built house on the MLS for the duration of the option. The number of options is limited: The EDA will not approve additional options for a builder if they already have more than 10% of the EDA's lots under option, and no more than 50% of the EDA’s lots may be under option at any time.
|Name/Location||Total Lots||Lots Built||Lots Vacant||Developer|
|Crystal Woods (39xx Douglas Dr.)||15||7||8||Perry Ryan (952-221-3700)|
|Gardendale Subdivision (32xx Florida, Georgia and Hampshire)||10||4||6||SVK Development (612-760-8660)|
|Bottineau Gardens (east side of Lakeland from Lakeside to 49th)||3||0||3||Hennepin County (612-543-1965)|
|6910 50th Ave. N.||1||0||1||Listed on MLS|
|5728 Oregon Ct.||1||0||1||Listed on MLS|