Moving Out / Into Crystal?
- Once a closing date has been established, call Utility Billing at (763) 531-1114 to schedule a final reading of your water meter.
- Cancel your utilities (gas, telephone, garbage, electricity, cable) by contacting each company that provides service to you.
- Contact the assessing specialist at (763) 531-1118 or email@example.com to notify her that you are moving.
Moving into Crystal
- Once a closing date has been established, call Utility Billing at (763) 531-1114 to change the account into your name as the new owner.
- Set up other utilities (gas: CenterPoint Energy - (612) 372-4727; telephone: CenturyLink; garbage: contact City Hall or see a list of licensed garbage haulers; electricity: Xcel Energy - (800) 895-4999; cable: Comcast)
- File for the homestead credit on your property taxes by coming into City Hall during business hours (Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.). You can begin the process by printing out the Homestead Application Form and filling it out before coming to City Hall, or you can fill out the online Homestead Application form . You will also need to bring a copy of your deed and the eCRV ID number located in the upper left of the Electronic Certificate of Real Estate Value (you should have gotten copies of these at your closing.)